Need help with a spark plug recommendation.

Johnny_Squirrel

Hey guys!

One of my co-workers at Checker Auto recently got a 1988 Nissan 300ZX (auto, non-turbo), and I've been trying to help her out on ideas to make the car better. We obviously sell a lot of different spark plugs, but to get a little better performance out of the car, what would you recommend for an upgrade plug? I think the computer came up with NKG (I think that's what it was) for the stock replacement plug, but she wanted something better. I was thinking maybe something like the Bosch Platinum +2...

Any ideas? I know it's not an SC, but it's still a somewhat sporty car :D

-Chris

Im using those bosch platinum on my SC and Turbo coupe and haven't had a problem. I like 'em! so shiny!

ummmm since its a japanese car i would reccommend running ngk's.......just like motorcraft in a ford, champion in a chrysler, and ac delco in a gm

Stay away from Bosch Plat junk. I work at Autozone and you wouldn't believe how many people have horrible trouble with them. They foul out very easily. If you really want to know how crappy they are, pick one up and compare it to an AC Delcom Double Plat. Or a Motorcraft, or an autolite. The other Double Plat plugs have a ton of platinum showing, Bosch has llike a little spec that doesn't even stick up past the center core. Junk Junk Junk, I tried them in three cars and took them out in under a month in every car. They suck. Never recomend them to anyone.

plugs

I have had 9 300ZX turbos from 1984's to a 1996 .The NGK's are by far the superior plug for this car. same with the wires I got 5 more HP out of the NGK wires. I tried all the parts store brands and they just dont work on this car, So my suggestion is go with NGK plugs , and wires

WOW! I guess if I change my plugs to motorcraft my car is gonna run better and it will be stronger.
I always have used bosch, I guess I will notice the difference after I change them.
Thanks guys!

WHAT PLUGS

I,ve always hear its 7 to10 againist all the other plugs. Motorcraft or autolite double plats are the way to go..........FAST FREDDIE

Back