b&m ripper what gives?

silversc90

i am silversc90's father. ihave a 94 five speed. i recently installed a ripper in my car, when i seen that there were no shift adjustment. i called b&m they said the stops are in the transmission. is that correct? iwanted a hurst

The whole idea behind the ripper shifter is...

The whole deal is that unless you have a Muncie trans, you're not going to have stops on a manual trans. The purpose of the shifter is the quicker shift and more crisp shifting due to shorter throw of the shifter. They work great for this purpose, remember, the M5R2 is a TRUCK TRANSMISSION!!!!! It was not designed to be raced actually. So any better shifting items help.

Don

They removed the stops to save money. Yes, the tranny has "stops" inside it, but those external ones probably did help.

I have an old style unit with the stops, and then I put a Hurst 2.25" cue ball knob on it. Sweet as hell.

There are no stops in the tranny. Only the syncros stop shifter travel. It is set up inside very much like a front wheel drive transaxle.

Um the stock shifter has no stop points that is how I totaled my first tranny, my b&m had shift stop points.

Back