leaking oil from 90 SC 5spd

seannlex

I've noticed that my car is leaking oil. Not alot but enough to want to get it fixed I'm having my tranny rebuilt, one of my freinds said it was my rear main seal. But it looks like its coming from the top end and leaking oil in to the tranny where the clutch is. has anybody had this problem before?

can anybody suggest anything else to do while the tranny is out??????

a related question...

Sorry this is a question not a reply, but I've got an 89 that leaks oil as well, and suppose mine was leaking into the tranny where the clutch is like yours, what would the symptoms be as far as the transmission's performance goes?

Thanks!

my car is a 5 spd and it causes a smell like burning brakes. From what I was told it causes slippage.

?

It sounds like it could be the lower intake gasket leaking oil. Last year mine did hte same thing, then when I took it apart to do the HG's and Clutch i noticed that it was leaking from the lower intake gasket, where it mates to head. After putting it back together with all new gaskets no more leak. Good luck.

Kyle

Possability....

Oil leaks can be deceptive...I know I had an oil leak on my 90 that found it was to several places...It turned out to be coming from the passenger side vlv cover...All I had to do was tighten the lil studs up and I was a non leaker once again...This BTW is VERY common with our cars, prolly the MOST COMMON oil leak reported...

Cheers

Brad

Back