2000 Mustang GT V.S. SC

quick35th

Hay, I was wandering what it would take to beat a 2000 Mustang GT. The owner of the GT works with me at Kroger. I have been picking on him all winter about how my SC will beat him. All he plans on doing to the car is headers, X pipe, and Borla exhaust. I have a 1990 SC 35th with a five-speed. It has an intercooler fan and a 10% pully. What would I have to buy to safely ensure a win? Almost forgot that the Mustang is a five-speed too,

Thanks!

A 100 shot of nitrous ought to do it !! :D

Seriously, a stock 99-up GT 5-speed well driven is a low low 14-second car ... with full exhaust he'll be running high 13s easy if it hooks ... you guess from there. :)

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Ya gotta be realistic...

Even stock to stock he's gonna eat your lunch. With what he's planning, just to keep him in sight, you'll need to match the exhaust, low restriction intake, go bigger on the MAF, TB, injectors and fuel pump. But before you do those, install ARP head studs and fresh HG's. And then to make that all work right, plug in the proper #'s for the EEC.

That's just for starters. We've got to work harder to get power than he does. :(

Yeah, all the above with NoX would get you there, but then it starts to get hairy.

Last edited:
Once again I have never seen a a 2000GT hit much less than a very high 14 and low 15's at the track. i beat my buddies with my 89SC with 10%pulley, SCP exhaust, 3:08's in the rear. I also beat another one leaving the movies after Fast and the Furious. But if he puts exhaust and some other stuff one there he will go right by you.

hmm..

Exhaust or not, hes gonna beat you. Your gonna have to dump a lot of money into your car to get it up to that speed. He's moving less weight with a lot more power. Your thunderbird is not a sports car like that mustang.

all I was saying was that I have had good luck beating them, But many others have not. But in most cases I think the sc will lose.

I raced one last summer. started at 20 miles/hour and i kept up with it and after 90 he started pulling away like a car lenght, but I passed him when my car went passed 120.
I have an 89 5-speed with no cats, 2.73 ratio. The rest stock?
I really don't know if it has any upgrades. I bought it three years ago.

Back