Bypass Actuator

Shaggy

Hello I am new here and to the 3.8 SC scene and I am actually working on putting a M-90 on a split port motor.I have searched the whole forums including the faq on this. Okay that said and done the blower i have the bypass actuator diaphram is blown. Is this a common occurence? I have found a place that sells original ford new for $323.00, I was refered to them after talking to ford as ford no longer services this part. I can make a vortech unit work but $225.00 is still pricey to me considering the butterfly valve is still good all i need is the actuator. I have been looking and i think i have come up with a much less pricey alternitive (around $100). If my alternitive works is it something anyone else might want or would it be a waste of time to even try to market it?

The only real problem with the stock setup is the butterfly leaks like a seive. I haven't heard of anyone having a problem with ruptured canisters. It does happen but not that often. I plan on using a Bosch bypass valve or the unit made by Forge. What's your idea?

Jeff

Hell your just down the road from me.

I have access to some CLASS I DIV I vacuum switches and solenoids/actuators or even a vacuum controlled solenoid valve that would work instantaneously instead of the amount of time it takes for vacuum to open it and spring pressure to close it. Yes I agree with the leaky design just looking at it but if you are talking about the plastic body bosch units they leak like a sieve too at anything above 4-6psi in my experience. The plastic disc in them just starts to flex around that point. If I went with the vacuum switch idea it would still use the factory butterfly valve but would mount like a stock unit with the only addition in installing it would be a 12 volt power source. That would be about 100 retail. The valve I would have to remove the factory butterfly valve and put it inline which isn't a big deal but would require cutting a little length off the factory nipples to use in the stock location and would also be more expensive then the vacuum switch. It would also require a 12v power supply as well but would be 100% leak free to 700psi though.

Back