price for sunroof parts?

toastmaster7

my sunroof is kinda wacky, rattles a lot and you have to help it along to shut it. also the rubber seal around the glass is starting to come off and looks weird, but strangely the roof doesnt leak. anywho, on to the topic. ive been looking at a wrecked 92 SC and been thinking of taking the sunroof assembly out of that, what is a fair price for that assuming its all on the up and up?

price for sunroof

Sounds like you just need to do some maintenance on the one you have by putting white grease on the moving parts, a new seal, and maybe new lift arms. It shouldn't cost you very much. The last complete sunroof system that I had, went for about $175. +shipping. But I'm sure they would be less now b/c these cars are being wrecked or junked daily. good luck

I bought a complete sunroof assembly...glass, tracks, motor, sunshade....out of a u pull it boneyard for like 25 bucks.
Any 89-97 T-Bird or Cougar pieces will work. There were a few little changes over the years but they are essentially all the same.

thanks for the tips, i think i found a new assembly at a junkyard for cheap so i'll probably rip that out, how hard is it to replace this kind of stuff? also, as far as the seal goes is that difficult to replace?if anything could concievably go wrong (break the glass, shock myself, random animal attacks....) it probably will so any advice you have no matter how obvious it greatly appreciated. thanks again everyone

Back