Fan Mod?

layinthesmack31

Well i have done a search on the fan mod we can do for our cars and i just have a few questions. I found that u need to cut the # 14 wire? what wire is this? and it says it is on the IRCM? what is that as well. What i am looking to do is run a switch into the inside of my car and i was wonderinf about what is the best way to wire it through the firewall. I have never done any wiring in this car and i was wondering what is the best and easiest place for my to run it through? What kind of switch should i get and what gauge wire do i have to run? Sorry for all the questions but i am putting in a 180 degree thermostat and i want to keep the engine temps down and this seems like the best way for me to do it without getting a chip. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Matt

Does your AC work? If not then just unplug the compressor and turn the fan on by turning the AC on. THe fan will run until you reach about 45MPH then it will cutoff until you get below that speed.

The IRCM is located behind the drivers side headlight. Pin 14 is marked on the connector.

Jeff

Don't worry about cutting the 14 wire on the IRCM.

It's a plug on top of the AC compressor 2 wires coming out.

Jeff

layinthesmack31 said:
my air does not work. what do i do to unplug the compressor?
Open the hood, unplug the wires going into the compressor, and be thankful you don't live in Texas. Of course, if it rains, be prepared for a foggy windshield. The defroster is most effective with the A/C on as it will dehumidify the incoming air. That dry air is what pulls the moisture off the windshield, not the heat. The air is not dried by the heater, just warmed up. Anyways, with the compressor unplugged, the EEC will still run the fan.

Back