Water on passanger side floor board

93tbirdsc

I noticed the other day the carpet was wet on the passanger side carpet. First off it is not coolent the car runs but I have not driven it in a few weeks. We have had a lot of rain here. I am think either the windshield or something on the fire wall. My main consern beside the carpet geting moldy is the computer since it is right behind the kick panel there.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Shootin' in the Dark here

Say... I had read somewhere about recalls on a Cougars... this may apply to T-birds as well

But I had seen a recall about the vents just below the windshield being an issue.. I would like to find that recall an number again... an take to a ford dealer.. an see what's up with it...

I too have a wet.. Well Damp floorboard...

I read the recalls before I got my car... but have not had the time to search again...

Under the wiper cowl on the passenger side is a grated air inlet. If the seal is not on right it will leak right on to your floor...BIll

Mine did that too. I got the cowl off somehow, (couldn't get the wiper arm off), and felt around and looked as much as I could, but couldn't find anything. It stopped for some reason. Maybe something wasn't sitting right and I knocked it into place? This was the case of a LOT of water.

A case with a little dripping water had to do with condensation from the A/C. I think the drain hose in the firewall was a little stopped up. I stuck something up in there to clear it up some and it stopped leaking. I think it just got gunked up.

I don't know how the water is getting in, but there is a rubber grommet under the carpet & wiring harness in the corner, you can cut a whole in it to allow the water to drain out so it doesn't rust under there. Good luck

Fix for my 89 SC ...

I had the same problem you described in your post. There are two things you should consider:

1) There was a kit available for 89 which extended the height of the plastic air intake opening under the cowl so water wouldn't slosh into the duct. I think Ford fixed this in later years though so this may not help you.

2) In my 89, there was a black sealant deep inside the cowl in the corner against the firewall and inner fender on the passenger side which got hard and leaked. I fixed it by removing as much as I could and resealing with clear silicone.

I haven't had a leak since I took care of these problems.

Let us know if this helps.

Back