Comp Limited Headlight question

Billabong089

I just hooked it up on my car and where did you guys put those relays? I tried to put it by the battery but the battery hit and broke a part off :-/.... its driving me crazy, I can't seem to find a good spot, and where did you guys run the wire, behind the radiator?

its been a while, but i think when i installed it on my last SC i ran all the wires through the rad support and the headlight header panel. takes a while to route the wires through, but its worth it to clean things up.

relay location

With possibly the first SC with the Comp. Lighting kit, I installed the relays on the outside of the radiator support, above and to the left of the inter-cooler. There is more than enough room to run the wiring.

first of all, the kit is only $50, and second, its designed to stop your headlights from fllickering. and it also allows you to use a higher watt bulb.

They are only talking about the harness kit, not the HID lights.

http://www.hioutputbulbs.com/har.htm

The wiring and the relays in the kit take the high amperage requirments off the dash mounted head lamp switch. It is a pretty well known fact the the switch cannot take the load and eventually burns out, hence the flickering lights. This harness is a pretty good solution to the problem. I used one on my car when I went from the stock 89 lights to the 96-97 style lights. It is a very good kit.

Relay position for lighting harness

Back to the original question - I found you could mount the relays on the bolt (left hand) that secures the bellows to the top of the Intercooler, using the bracket they supply.
Jim.

Re: Relay position for lighting harness

Joisey Jim said:
Back to the original question - I found you could mount the relays on the bolt (left hand) that secures the bellows to the top of the Intercooler, using the bracket they supply.
Jim.

Thats an excellent idea ;)

And if I mount the wires behind the radiator, do I have to take the whole radiator off or just take off the bolts on the top and loosen it from the frame and stick it under there.... cuz right now I have it on top of the rad, and the wires got a little hot so I wanna defiantly move it, or I was thinking about running the wires not directly in front of the radiator but in front of the frame where the radiator is mounted, theres nothing around that area, but I dont wanna block the rad... would that be an ok spot?

I put my wires in one of those black plastic protective sleeves and strung it in front of the condenser & tied it off in a few places with elect. ties. that way it's away from any heat or obstructions.

Back