Re-build, or, v-8...HELP!!!

speedo

Hi,
New to the board. Just received, FREEEEEEEEE, a 90 SC. First, it is a hurtin unit. Very abused, but, it is all there. Supposedly it blew HG, doesn't run at this time. Under hood, everything is complete, no oil, anti-freeze, some pulleies off. Either started to do HG, or, they did and didn't complete. I am a gluttin for punishment, and, I should walk away......but I can't. Always wanted one, albeit running, but, beggars can't be choosy. My question: Should I rebuild or V-8 this car? I have read ALOT of posts, but, I still need guidence. I have assembeled motors before, have access to a garage and all the tools I need, I have never dealt with a Ford/ or supercharged v-6.
I guess I'm asking because I don't see to much aftermarket support ( like the 5.0) and it appears to be very $$$ even for a stock rebuild. I would love to keep it a SC v-6. Always liked having something different. I am looking for about 275 HP, and it appears a stock motor could handle this fairly well. Never having dealt with a supercharged motor, what can I do to build a better motor, ie: extend the life of a set of HG?

cont.

Like I said, I have above avg. ability, but, below avg. finances. I sure would love one of those $6k motors. Just motor info., I 'm up on the exhaust, gear ratio, open element, etc. THANK YOU!!

rebuild it with a 10% over-drive supercharger pulley and buy the complete flowmaster kit along with a a larger MAF meter. It can outrun a H.O 5.0 engined Thunderbird fairly easily, unless the 5.0 is modified.

If you swap from EFI to carb its an easy conversion, not EFI to EFI(wiring harness)

Back