Lentech Electric Delete

Yes, the electric delete is just a 12v powered solenoid to prevent the upshift into OD.

Mike

Last edited:
I believe Lentech has a full manual shift Strip Terminator AOD that doesn't need the TV cable. Check their website, it's got alot of info.

Mike

I talk to lentech.They wanted $2244.00 for the tranny with out
the tv cable . do you think that would be good for a weekin driver.
I do not plan any drag racing,other that a stop light every now and
then.

Last edited:
Also, Art Carr has a manual valve body that deletes the Tv cable. Without the Tv cable, you lose any automatic upshifts and downshifts.

Any one have an opinion on the pros and cons of running this type
tranny on the street.

Or would I be better of running a lentech with the tv cable,and electric
delete.

I need as many opinions as i can get ,because i am placing an order
tomorrow afternoon for one with the tv cable or one with out.

I talk to the art carr people.By the time I would get it to the my door it
would cost more.and i could not get enough info from them to make a
sale.I want the lentech it sounds better.

Last edited:
Randy,

I wouldn't get the one without the TV cable. Most of the time I want the thing to shift itself, especially on the downshifts.

If you get the Lentech Street Terminator Plus AOD. It comes with the hardened shaft, cast pan and a 10" converter.

Another thing...don't go with a wide ratio gear set. IMO your better off with standard ratio and 3.73 gears.

David

Last edited:
I would think the shift of a manual valve body would be too harsh for a daily driver. I'd definitely go with the Lentech w/ OD delete. I've had the OD delete Street Terminator Valve Body for over 4 years and have never had any problems. The shifts are relatively smooth during normal driving and nice and firm at heavy throttle. I've left more than 5' of rubber during 1-2 shifts at full throttle regularly. Of course gears and a non-lockup convertor will affect that also.

My review

Last week. I just put in Lentech Street Terminator AOD in my stock 1990SC. With TV cable and electric delete. This is my 3rd tranny. The first one went 100k the second 60k; I tow a boat.

WOW what a difference. My personal review is this tranny is what FORD should have had in this car to begin with. From a stop, I can put down the pedal and burn as much rubber as I want to pay for. With moderate acceleration I now chirp going into second at 3000rpm's, (yes at 3000, WTF) so I am real light on the pedal lifting it up at 2000rpm. Before the tranny would just SLIP into first or second gear. OR if I adjusted the TV cable it would shift harsher/bang but no rubber.

It grabs like a manual tranny, with automatic shifts.
With the Lentech ST Plus it probably chirps in third?

The shifts 3 to OD, and OD to 3 are nice and tight vs the stock tranny which likes to SLIP. Also the BANG into OD is gone.

Downshifting from OD to 3rd is a bit to tight when deaccelerating to a stop when I delete the OD?

With the non locking torque converter the 'upshift light'
probably comes on 500rpm sooner, which may be a problem for racing?

The guy who installed it, BENT the dust cover, sheild, whatever, and it made such a racket I thought he forgot to bolt on the exhaust. Apparently it is difficult to remove the tranny without bending the cover plate. I brought it back 2 times now and it still is noisy, so he is going to order a new plate.

Last edited:
The only complaint that I've ever seen about the Lentechs is that you cannot get a full-throttle upshift into OD. Not a big deal for drag racing. I go through the traps around 5100-5200 rpms with 3.73's and around a 2500 rpm non-lockup convertor. I just flip the OD delete switch after I go through the traps.

I got the full tranny, Lentech AOD Street Terminator Plus...with the wide ratio option, & the 10" 2400non-lock stall...
I have 3.73s and between the W/R and the non lock stall, I don't like it.
I'm now in a position where I'm forced to try either changing the convertor( less stall) or changing the rear diff ratio back to either 3.55s or 3.27s

So my opinion is to decide what if your going with a 3.27 rear gear...in which case the stall and the W/R trans option are fine
or
if you decide on 3.73 rear gears, the stall is OK, but DO NOT use the W/R gears.

We have a horrible problem hooking up the CMRE Stage 2, with my current set up!
I'm trying the gears first, likely 3.27s & my trap speeds are bound to improve, & the car will be more consistant...but our ETs are likely to suffer by 1-2 tenths...Overall I think the car will be more enjoyable & streetable.
With the 3.73s now it will not drop into low unless I'm under 20mph.
I do like the trans , my favorite mod...along with the B&M Hammer shifter, Its nice to have 1-2-3-O/D
I do not recommend a fully manual valve body, for the street...unless you like to shift down manually at every stop....If your in 3rd when you stop thats where it stays, so you can't forget to downshift at every stop!
DSC00186.JPG

Notice the shift light on the dash, wired thru the Tach signal wire on the DIS
DSC00187.JPG

I suspected the W/R with 3.73's might be too much, and you seemed to have comfirmed it. I would think that the gears should help your problem and give you back a little of your top end. It'll be interesting to see how things turn out for you.

The biggest proble youll get out of having the TV delete is that with teh higher line pressure being run in the tranny at all times seal life is shortened...You can still get it to shift automatically

With my driving style it is all most all highway or blacktop.I need
to be able to shift at high mph.I want a lot of passing power,from
65mph to 120+.My style of driving would more be like Silver state
racing,cannon ball style,I like road racing.I want to use the 3rd to
OD shift to be able to do almost full throttle.and OD back to 3rd.

This is the first auto that I have bought for myself,and I HATE IT.
I have allway ran stick shift for performance use.I dont think
this sc will ever be on the drag strip.

I need a OD & all gears that will hold up to full throttle.

Last edited:
B&M Hammer

Was that a direct bolt in, or did you have to modify it to put it in? What's the part number?
thanks!

Full throttle overdrive will cause premature OD band failure as will a full throttle 3rd to OD upshift..Shoulda got a stick

I didnt place my order yesturday,because I wanted to wait
on the, you should of did this instead crowd.ONLY ONE.Now
thats not normal.:D :D

Last edited:
I went to the tranny shop this morning to see how much they would
charge to install a lentech street terminator tranny.So I headed back
home to order the lentech,and my sc stoped running again.

had it towed home got code 19. will start but back fires when i give
it gas,the tach jumps around,idle 500rpm then gos up to1200.

so much for buying a lentech. I would like to thank every body for there
input.

Last edited:
Back