clutch price

toastmaster7

today i was driving and ad i went to shift and the clutch went out, just lost all the pressure behind it and wouldnt shift into gear. i waited for a nice state trooper to help me out of the busy street and towed it to my mechanic. he hasnt looked at it yet but said worse case scenario i would need a new clutch and that might run between 6-7 hundred, that sounds a bit high to me, how about you guys? i know people who have had their clutches done on their cars for a couple hundred but then again those werent supercharged or anything so anyone who has had this done how much did it cost you?

Sounds like your slave cylinder failed. Thats what happened with mine. Tranny has to be removed to replace..so its a good time to do the clutch too. Pepboys charge $399 for a LUK clutch, slave cylinder was another $79.00.

i just ordered a luk clutch kit from dial a clutch. com in florida, phone 1 800 938 1195. and paid 268.00 including shipping from florida to california. the kid contains the pressure plate, clutch disc, throw out bearing and slave cylinder. they asked me about the master cylinder and i really don't know much about sc clutches. they said that it was external and i could replace later. i forget the price he told me on the master cylinder. bob

1badsc,
does that price include the slave cylinder? i just paid 238.00 for the luk clutch kit, pressure plate, clutch disc, throwout bearing, alignment tool, and slave cylinder. i'll check with the pep boys here in san jose, california. thanks, bob (paid additional 29.00 for shipping from florida to california).

I am not sure if it had the slave or not. My tranny shop ordered it and they put everything in, at the same time when I got my tranny replaced.

I am not sure if it had the slave or not. My tranny shop ordered it and they put everything in, at the same time when I got my tranny replaced. I actualy got my LUK clutch for 137.99. The reason I knew Pep Boys price was becuase I just sent someone else over there last week to get an SC clutch.

Back