firm ride light won't make up its mind

good_times44

When i turn on the firm ride switch the green light comes on, then it will flash and go out. Does anyone know what is goin on with it? thanks:confused:

The flash means that there is a problem with the system. Lots of the time the accuators on top of the shocks are stuck. You can take them off and lube up the post on top of the shock and manualy turn it back and forth to loosen it up. then put the accuator back on. There should be somehting in the FAQ section about how many blinks mean what. Hope this helps you.

If it doesn't seem to be "flashing", but just clicks on when you flip the switch, then turns off right away, try cleaning the contacts on the switch itself. If it is flashing the codes, do a search on this board and it should answer your question.
Regards,
TBSCoupe

Mine too

My XR7 does this also. When the switch is set to firm, the light stays on but when its at normal it flickers, and i can hear the relay clicking in the back.

Count the number of flashes. It's an error code and it's telling you what the problem.

Like was said before, it's usually the actuators being stuck and that flash is telling you which one is stuck.

Dale

Back