Engine Recall Help??

F

formerSCowner

well, I figure this belongs here since my issue might be with Ford Motor Company... again.

I just got a message about SC motors being under a 100000 mile recall to be replaced... I sorta hoping this is bogus information since mine blew apart 6 months ago and I had no choice but to sell mine off. The rub of it is is that I was in the Dealership the week prior about an engine noise and the Ser. Adv. told me they really didnt even want to look at it. With a new baby coming I parked her to deal with later and when i did go back, she revved up and then made the most horrible sound imaginbale right before it puked oil everywhere and seized.
anway, long story shortened somewhat, The baby came early and I needed a 2nd car right then. so i lost my butt on her and bought a Cherokee. now, i love my jeep, but i want my other Bird back.

whew. ok recap. is/was there an engine recall that the dealership "forgot" to tell me about?

No engine recall. Just Headgaskets on the 94-95 SC. They were replaced by Ford if the car had less than 100,000 miles and before a certain time period that expired last fall.

Bob

ok... i knew about the head gaskets... unfortunatly that wouldnt solve the problem mine suffered. This message was listed actually on an Ebay posting for an SC and I had never heard of them replacing the engine. I was about to cry cause I miss that car... Oh well, i'll guess i'll just have to find another one...

Thanks

Back