torque and HP specs for manual tranny

joshbea6

Hey does anyone know what the torque and horsepower rating is for the 5 spd tranny that is in our birds? I don't want to get the mods that I'm planning and then on the first day out have the tranny go ummmm...................NO!

Hopefully someone here knows. Mods I"m planning will take me to around 400 HP, torque is unknown at the moment.

ok, since I haven't gotten any responses to this, does anyone know if the tranny will take about 400-425 HP? or better yet, do you know of any sources where I could find this out? My local ford butcher shop doesn't know jack about this car as usual, Jegs didn't know, and neither did a local tranny shop.

As usual any and all help is appreciated!!!

The tranny is rated 335-350ft-lbs. They are not rated for HP. It is a very strong tranny, don't worry about it. There are members pushing 600HP through this tranny. The only thing to be concerned about are syncro's and wheel hop.

Thank you for responding dave I appreciate it. I was a little sacred, didn't know how much more than the stock HP it could handle. I didn't want it to blow up the first time I challenged someone off the line.

Back