smoke?

S

strong6

it is not normal to blow smoke out of your dip stick tube is it?
thanks
joe

Sounds like you need to clean your bong.......... (sorry about that, I just couldn't resist)

or maybe you have a clogged PCV valve

lol, everything is 3000-6000 mi. new including the engine.
what else could it be? i heard it could be exaust passing through the rings?
thanks
joe

I had recently had an issue with that.. It also happened to be spitting out ever so slightly a bit of oil as well.. As it turned out I blew a rod. I haven't detailed the inside enough to determine if that smoke was a sign of the rod going/gone at the time though.

Do you hear a slight ticking from the bottom end~

Anthony

it's really a lot, not at idle but when i rev it smoke blows out like a little tail pipe. i do get a little oil sprayed out but no ticking.
this has bean that way since the engine was put in.
thanks for your help
joe

i ave the same problem i changed the pcv valve and i stopped it from comming out the dipstick tube with a little electrical tape but it seems to be coming out of the rebreather tube that goes from the driver side valve cover to the intake tube it is getting oil in the throtle bodt maf and i think maybe my cone filter as well i heard it could be from bad plugs and wires or a charcoal canister as well i don't know yet i would be intrested in an answer to this as well before i go fixing stuff thats not broke thanx

before you get all paranoid...check this out

my car was doing the same, blowing smoke and oil out the dipstick tube, especially at idle, and the idle was really lopey like a cam, and the vac gauge sittin at 10hg in park

right before we were gonna tear into the ic tubes and reseal them and i also had bad feelings about rods and such, we found a hose that had come disconnected from the underside of the inlet plenum. we plugged it in, took a little fiddling with it but after 5 mins or so we got it back on, topped off the oil (it was 1/2 qt or so low cause of blowing it out) and the car idled perfectly, no smoke, no dipstick problems, no ****** idle, and its been that way now for over 2 months.

so check that vac hose thats on the underside of the inlet plenum.

i think it's the damn head gasket. i was planning to change motor mounts so i took the a/c pump, t-body and cowl off and the inside of the intake and t-body is all wet with water? i haven't drivin this car in two months. when i parked it it was fine, except for the smoke from the dip stick tube. temp is always on the "n" oil was clean atifreeze clean and full, the heat works fine the pcv valve is new but it's coverd with oil and water, it smells like gas real bad not so much like coolant.
thanks
joe

Not to scare you or anything but before my headgaskets blew
my engine started to sorta smell like gas but wasent running any hotter or colder then normal. I had also changed the plugs and wires about 2 weeks before they went.
Does the engine sorta smell like gas but rotten at the same time ?
If it does i gotta say HG cause thats exactly how mine smells now and it was the head gaskets had failed.

yes that is how it smells, i'm convinced hg's are shot. drained the oil and it looks like it just happend. i'll explain in the next post

there is coolant or water in the oil. i have had hg's go on this car before and the oil turns into coffee. this time it just loos like there is some water sitting on top of the oil, it's not really mixed. this car didn't leave my driveway since dec. i start it every few weeks and let it warm up completely, do you think the water i'm seeing is just condensation from the cold temps we had here in ny? every time i let the car run for about 45 min. temp gauge stays at the "n". when i parked it the oil was clean. i had smoke comming from the dip stick tube since the motor was new.
thanks
joe

i think that i shouldn't of started it at all.when it's 10 degrees out it takes 20 minutes allmost a half hour just to get to normal temp.
thanks
joe

Back