35th Anniversary Blue Pinstripe?

ThunderCoupe94

Hey my girls 35th was just fixed and the place where we got it done couldnt match that color blue so we told em screw it we will figure somethin out so there is nothing there now. I was wondering if anyone knows where i could get a set of 35th striping what to do about it? Thats one of the main things on a 35th is that stripe so we want it back. Let me know please i would appriciate it greatly.

Jay

The actual Ford part has been obsoleted for some time now:

Anniversary Pin Striping Ford 90 Part #FOSZ 6320000 AAA

You might find it at an obsolete Ford parts place, but I highly doubt it.

This 3M stuff is supposed to be close, but I have not personally verified it:

Anniversary Pin Striping 3M Part # 70308 (3M Scotchcal, Close to original 1/4" pin stripping)

Lance will probably see this post and have more information! I missed a set of Ford ones from Germany on eBay a while back. They were going for over $160!

Thanks for the info George! Yea i just missed a set that went a few months ago to dont know what the ending price was because i couldnt find it when i wanted to bid on it. It was at 65.99 when i saw it. Well i will see if anyone has any info on the 3M your suggesting because we have to get it back on there. Thanks again

Jay

George, thanks for the information about Anniversary Pin Striping 3M Part # 70308. I haven't come across that. I'll check into that.

Jay, I got some pinstriping from a trim place here in OKC and it is just called "Blue". I compared it to one of the original stripe kits I have and I have to tell you that I just didn't see any difference in the shade of blue. I have seen different shades on different cars over the the last year or two and fading and age play a big part. The main difference I saw with the original stripe kit was that :
1. It is thinner in mil than a generic stripe from a trim dealer but not by much
2. It almost has a textured look to it but it wouldn't once it was applied to a vehicle
3. And of course there are the end pieces that taper on each corner of the car.

I have been meaning to go to this trim place and show them a xeroxed copy of the end pieces and have some ends made for me. And like an idiot, I removed the blue pinstripe I bought to look at it, and decorate a few things :), and the package is somewhere with the part number on it. I'll see if I can find the part number I used and I'll also check into the 3M number George mentions.

Sorry I can't be more help on this.

Back