CD Player

1990_NW_SCKid

Ok here's the deal. I just bought a new CD player for my car, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the old one out. The old one is in fact an aftermarket CD head unit, but I don't know how to get at it. I tried taking off one of the dash pieces, but I couldn't do much with it, as it was still connected to the headlight knob and the dimmer controls. I can't find anywhere to access it. It's currently located underneath where my VIM module would be. If anyone could help I could GREATLY use the advice and knowledge. Thank you.

It's an Alpine. I have no idea how to get the dash apart so I can get to it and pull it out, it's like there's walls on each side of it so I can't pull out the old wiring harness. But I pulled one dash piece to the side, and I can't find anything to get to it. But like I said, it's right under the VIM module

Headunit

For the stock head unit, u do not have to remove any of the dash, all u have to do is buy the removal tools which look like two U's and if u look at ur head unit, you will see 4 holes, they go insides, u pushes the U prongs outwards, and it pulls right out. The local wal mart carrys these tools

Not stock

The deck in there isn't stock, the one that's currently in there is an old Alpine aftermarket deck. The one I'm wanting to put in is a new Pioneer. I can't figure out how to get the Alpine out though.

Dude,

I would suggest taking it to a place like Hawk Electronics or Cartoys or whatever is in your area, and paying someone sixty bucks to put your new one in. They will have the tools needed to remove the old Alpine. And probably be able to sell you the tools (if you don't have them already) to slide your new Pioneer out as well should you ever want to replace it.

I tried to put a Sony Explode in mine and I had the opposite problem. I couldn't get it to stay in. So I took it to Hawk and they installed it right along with giving me the little pieces to take it out again if I ever needed to.

That's exactly the problem, though. I don't have the money to put into an installation right now. I can wire it up and mount it in there and everything, just if I can figure out how to pull this other POS out of there.

You should be able to go to your local stereo shop and get the special Alpine tools that you will need. Probally for less then $5. Then that baby should just pop right out.

Thomas

to get an alpine out you must first pull off the outer finishing trim off the deck. around the deck you will see the rectangular frame that the deck is mounted to. the frames on the alpines have two tabs on either side (left and right , not top and bottom) hidden that you must push aside to remove the deck.
take a thin slotted screwdriver on either side, push it between the deck itself and the frame at about middle of the frame (height wise), squeeze them together while pulling on the deck. it will slide out.

You are a badass, sir. Thank you so very much. I'll go try it as soon as my friend gets over here. That works on old old Alpine decks too, right?

Back