What tire to use with 16" rim?

BlueThunder90

I'm in the market for some tires. I'm running Toyo FZ4's all round 245/50/16 and the back's are pretty bald (I have no idea why) :D

For those of you with 16" rims still, what tires are you using and what size? Are you happy/unhappy with them? I'm more looking for your personal experiences.

Thanks,
Steve

I have had Cooper Cobra GTZ's loved them. Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's hated them. Just got new Kelley-Spingfield Charger ZR Directionals. Love them. They look great, feel great, and from what i have heard they last a long time. I run 245-50-16's all the way around. I have also had Goodyear Eagle GSC and they suck two of them had bubbles on the sidewall. I have heard that BFGoodrich Radial KDWS are good but burn out very very quickly.

I would say Falken 275/50/16 but they stopped making them, :(

Go with 255/50's. Maybe some yoko avses100

are 275's too big for the rim. Ever tire maker that I have seen list 245-50 as the biggest tire that can safely work with our rims.

Tires...

i am currently using Dunlop SP Sport 5000 tires. 225/60/16 in front and 245/50/16 in back, i love em. they wear pretty well if you can resist lighting em up. :D you can get the tires from tires.com for $100.00 ~ $125.00 each

Andrew :cool:

i'am bought my 93 sc 5 speed back in october and it came with michelins (pilot xgtv4's). the car rides and handles great in both dry and wet (rain) conditions. i'am working on a 90 sc 5 speed, it has goodyear gs. i'am thinking about replacing them with either the michelins (more bucks for the v rating) or going with dunlop
sport 5000, w rated. both sc have the stock size tires 225/60/16. good luck.

Back