MN12 Solid Motor Mounts. Good enough?

91BLOWNSC

Does anyone have these motor mounts? And if so were they worth the 80 bucks? Does it give you anything performance wise over hyrdolic motor mounts? I was going to order a set, and was wonderning what the people here thought. And how long did it take you to get them. Thanks.

any kind of real torque, especially with good traction, will break those fluid filled mounts quickly. I broke two before I went to solids. Solids will end up breaking on you too but if you make some sort of torque strap to limit the movement of the motor will make them last longer.

hmm..

What is your recommendation on a torque strap.... Would a chain be the way to go, or maybe some cable wire? What have other people used. Thanks for the info!

I used a turnbuckle from a hardware and got some grade 8 bolts and bolted one to the frame and one to the back of the engine block. I had to drill a hole in the frame by the driverside wheel well but it works well. Mine kind of clunks during normal driving though, will work on it.

They're great!

My car is no beast but when I pulled those hydr. mounts out the were in two pieces. The idle was rough and the car felt like shyte. The solid mounts made it feel great and in general gave it much better manners then the rotten old blown out hyd units.

Anthony

p.s. Mine came from Rich, shipping great and fast, product was perfect!

Back