302 to 3.8 motor mounts.

jrod-13

I know that a 3.8 and 302 use the same motor mounts and bellhousing. But my question is, are the actual mounts interchangable? Im concidering swaping out my 302 for a 3.8SC. The broncoII uses special swap motor mount to install a 302, Im hoping I can just bolt the mounts up to the 3.8 block.
Does anyone know for sure? Thanks!

I thought the 5.0 mounts were different. I believe I recall someone about a year ago trying to find somebody who made solid 5.0 mounts and had a difficult time with it.

well, it is sort of strange that I want to swap to the 3.8 but, this is my broncoII the 302 has alot of clearance problems on the front of the motor. that, and I can sell the long block for the price I can get a complete 3.8 for. Also, the carb im using on it is borrowed from my truck, and the intake is borrowed from a buddy.

Its not set in stone that I will swap it, but Ive always wanted a supercoupe. I foudn my stang while looking for one, and it was to good of a deal to pass up. So if I cant have a supercoupe, the next best thing is a supercoupe motor :D

the 3.8 wont be any easier a fit from side to side..Keep that in mind plus the extra routing of IC tubes..But it has been done before..Why not get an EFI setup for teh 302:O)

Damon Slowpoke Baumann said:
the 3.8 wont be any easier a fit from side to side..Keep that in mind plus the extra routing of IC tubes..But it has been done before..Why not get an EFI setup for teh 302:O)
Well, the motor was actualy efi when it started out, but was changed to a 4bbl for a few reasons, mainly I added a 351W cam, also it was a speed density setup, which doesnt take kindly to mods. The intercooler tubing is my main concern, I know someone has swapped a 3.8SC into one, but Ive never seen pics of how the intercooler was setup.

Back