Oils

smokymance

thinking to use some of that royal purple or redline oil, something like 10w30 or maybe35 if they make it, or even 10w40 for my 147 thou mile engine. just asking if its worth spending some extra money over my max life valvoline right now. thanks

Well, synthetics are better by far. I saw a test on a rustang once with Redline synthetics in everything...gear oil, tranny fluid, engine oil and they got like .2 in the quarter with it. On an old motor it will help too but it may piss off your machinist when you take it in to rebuild it. Sysnthetics tend to fill the pores of the metal and make it harder to cut into.

is synthetic recomended for a 147thou mile car....im not sure what to do....i dont want something that is thinner and let my compression through my rings...not sure but i have heard its not the best idea. ....i need some ideas on what kind and type of oil to put this summer.

i've heard if you switch to synthetic on a high mileage motor, it can clean out deposits and possibly make the engine consume oil.

WHAT OIL TO USE

You will have to make the choice about the oil, by looking at your needs...................Did you always drain and use a filter at 3000 miles????..Or, drive hard and fast, overheat, live in a cold or hot climate. wet or dry ,dusty........have good seals at all the gaskets.......your maintianing of the car will give you the answer..........are you going to keep it ???........any good oil will do....but if you are giong to pamper the motor .... go with a synthenic one 15/40 for summer....10/30 winter royal puple is a good choice for its price.. even mobil one FAST FREDDIE;) ;) ;) ;)

Back