Source for 5-speed synchros

fast Ed

Hey guys

I was able to get the MAZDA part numbers for the synchro assemblies in our 5-speed tranmissions ... these have been discontinued already by Ford. They will be a special order, the Mazda dealer we do business with had to check the numbers out with Mazda Canada, and I'm told they would have to come right from Japan, 2 - 3 weeks.

So without further ado, here are the part numbers :

1 - 2 synchro ... S50417260C

3 - 4 synchro ... S50517260D

5 - R synchro ... S50617260A

These will fit all of the 89 - 95 SC cars. I'll add these to the part number FAQ list as well. Be forewarned, they are expensive. List price in Canada is about $275 each for the 1-2 and 3-4 pieces, and $185 for the 5-reverse.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Last edited:
All 3 = $735.CDN converts to $500.US$ today, you just forgot a couple of zeros. Chances are, not many would need all 3 but by the time you add the other parts & labor needed for a rebuild its still not cheap. So that makes it more important to take care of the one you have. Good luck

take 4rth gear blocker and install it into 2nd, then buy brass F150 ones for the rest:D . Im glad I paid 30-35$ cnd when I did a few trans, I think i have a few good used spares also:p

Yes Kevin those were the babies I was looking for, expensive but at least they are now available.

Raj(Assclown) Ed is talking about the synchronizer gear assemblies themselves not the blockers, those are still available from Ford. Like the assembly you sold me only the whole thing.

Back