high amp alternator for 89 sc???????

svt_racer

I cant find anyone who offers a higher amp alternator the stock for my 89 sc because it is a mitsubishi alternator i was wondering if anyone knew where you could get one or if you could convert it to a 3g alt thanks for any help you guys can give, Racer.

The stock Mitsubishi is a 130 amp alternator. You can have it rebuilt at a shop and they can pump it up a little but not much. They are good alternators and can take some abuse. Don't buy one from Autozone or the like as they don't last. Either have yours rebuilt or buy one from Ford.

Bob

the e-mail address to order from mr alternator does not work.I tried
to place an order this morning.I could not get it to go though by E-mail
it would come back .I will call monday and order my chrome alternator then
Thanks for posting a place to buy a crhome alternator.gldiii

Last edited:
Randy, I can't really tell what you mean, but you can call Tom at Mr. Alternator at (864) 591-1066. He is really good to work with on the alternator stuff. If you have a bad link or email address from his website, I would tell him about it so he can fix it. But a phone call is probably the best way to communicate.

Re:3G alternator

I have a good used 3G alternator for sale at $85. plus postage.
George Clarke aka the SonySC@hotmail.com
(It's a spare as I have a new 3G on my SC and so far haven't needed the spare one.) It's a fairly easy conversion.

Autozone alternators work perfectly as long as you pony up the bucks for a lifetime warranty and not a cheap 1 year junk alternator. I have run them in 5 different cars and sell them on a daily basis and never have problems with the lifetime ones. Now the 1 year ones are junk.

Back