Here is an 8-rib a/c delete

cougarsc

May be this is an alternative to the 6-rib ac delete.
F5TZ-8678-AB. I am not sure what the application is for.

i-1.JPG

Here is the 6-rib:

i-1.JPG

Last edited:
I remember Fast Ed looking into an 8 rib delete it to see if it would work or not, it was from another FORD vehicle too, not sure what his findings were though, have you tested this kit to make sure it bolts up and the pulley lines up perfectly?

The 6 six rib system can be modified to fit. One of the holes needs to be lengthened to line up. And the pulleys needs to have the the 2 high edges turned off of them. As of the 8 rib system. I saw one, but now I can't seem to remember why it wouldn't work.I know a few who have had the 6 rib on their SC's for about 2 years, wihout any trouble.

Yes, Mr.Pathey, I can do this for you.:D

That 8-rib idler pulley is from a PowerStroke diesel truck application ... I had looked at one of those, the bracket portion didn't seem right for bolting on to the SC.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Ed, did you ever attemtp to swap the 8 rib pulley onto the 6 rib delete kit? Think it would fit or line up properly?

Jamie, we were going to look at maybe trying to find an aftermarket 8-rib pulley alone, that could be used on the T-Bird 6-rib bracket ... that Ford 8-rib pulley and bracket is over $100 in Canuckistan bucks, a bit too expensive to be just using the pulley from it.

cheers
Ed N.

If the 8-rib don't bolt up, I will try to switch the pulleys. Luckily I only paid $2.99 for it on Ebay.

hey

i bought the pulley for a n/a tbird and took of my 8 rob from my ac and made a bushing to make it fit on the delete bracket from the n/a. so what i have is an a/c delete with a steel 8 rib pulley on it...so far everything works out just fine...ill try to post some pics whenever i get a chance to take some pics.

I guess the main question is what A/C compressors are interchangeable. If the compressors interchange, then the pulley's have to also. The difference between the 6rib brackets that we are using and our cars stems from the fact that the N/A V-6 has the compressor mounted upside down compared to ours, but the compressor is the same. (the bolt pattern is NOT symetrical) Anyway to check this on the Diesel? Ed, maybe one of your mechanics could verify this?

Dave, I had brought one out to a club meet, and we eyeballed the bracket on it ... looked to be different from the SC piece as far as bolting it down.

cheers
Ed N.

Steve, would you like to try this out. I'm sure I can make a pulley for you too. A sweet looking Aluminum one. Send me an email if you would like some details.

Ed you have mail.

Back