Shifter rebuild part numbers needed

iwannanSC

Hello all,

I need to rebuild my shifter, and I was hoping someone would know where I can find the part numbers for all of the bushings and everything else that I will need. If someone can help me out I would REALLY appreciate it. The car is an '89. Thanks,

Matt

shifter rebuild

2 sockets F5TZ-7228-A (plastic)
1 spring E8TZ-7Z120-A (3 prongs)
4 washers E8TZ-7E018-A (1 pack of 4)
1 Boot E9SZ-7277-A
1 White grease tube
1 Silicone glue or equal Cleaning solvent
Loctite 242 on the screws

theres the part numbers.

Also do a search on shifter rebuilds.

Part Nos.

TBonz,

I need to tell you (and everyone) that those are the old part numbers. I called around to local Ford dealers in my area and none of them carried any of those parts. Finally, one of the largest dealers in my area said that he had them, but that the part nos. had changed, and his computer had converted them over when he punched them in. I don't have the new part numbers, but just be aware.

Thanks,

Matt

Thanx iwannanSC, I have a cousin that is a counterman at the ford dealer, I guess he would have figured it out when I gave hime the #'s, but thanx for the heads-up!:D

shifter rebuild

Hmmm i bet somone here, if there was enough interest would be good enough to put a shifter rebuild kit together. Seems like lots of us are havin the sloppy shifter syndrome.

shifter rebuild

I picked up my shifter rebukd parts today they had the new part #'s as

1L2Z-7228-AA for the sockets

1L2Z-7Z120-AA for the spring

and the part # for the washers was the same

And about the lever boot....it was the most expensive peice. Is it a must that it be replaced?

Thanks
Joe

This thread is old, but I've some information perhaps useful as an update to those needing a rebuild.

I just ordered the necessary shifter parts from my local Ford dealer via the new part numbers, excluding the boot which they stated is no longer available.

Following are the part numbers I used:
Sockets x 2: 1L2Z-7228-A
Spring: 1L2Z-7Z120-AA
Washers pack of 4: E8TZ-7E018-A
Boot: E9SZ-7277-A (I was unable to acquire this)

Total for these parts inc tax was about $25.00. The washers were around a $1.40, the springs and sockets were just over $7.00 a piece. Delivery time is about a week.

I noticed Autozone as a part number listed for a rebuild kit which includes the necessary items to rebuild our shifter, however it was unavailable. Unfortunately I do not remember the brand.

Now all that is needed is the boot.

Thanks to Mike8675309 for the excellent tutorial & reference link: Found here

Hope that can help someone!

Last edited:
Back