PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Problem Help ASAP!!

dirtybird95
03-17-2003, 04:22 PM
I posted this on the non-tech forum as well but i need as much help as possible. I'm not technical but i can try to be!
Ok, here's the rundown. My car was leaking oil so i took it in to Midas. They said it was a leak in the oil filter (no big deal) but then they replaced all of the bands in my engine. So it ended up bein like $280 but that's not the point. Ever since this, i've had a problem with the clutch. Every once in a while for no particular reason, i'll push it in to switch gears and it will have tension at first and then just break loose; Just fall to the floor as if it had broken. But if i let it back up all the way, it regains tension and would let me switch gears the next time i push it in. It only does this every once and a while. No perticular gear or turn or anything. It's completely random from what i can tell. Any idea what the problem is and am i hurting it by continueing to drive it? Did Midas screw it up somehow? How can i fix it? I leave town on thursday! With my car and i'd rather not worry about these problems?!! Please help me!! Thank you!

Mike8675309
03-17-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by dirtybird95
Ok, here's the rundown. My car was leaking oil so i took it in to Midas. They said it was a leak in the oil filter (no big deal) but then they replaced all of the bands in my engine. So it ended up bein like $280 but that's not the point....

What are "bands" and how do they relate to your engine and why would Midas replace them?

Did they fix the oil leak? do you see anything leaking now?

You should check the fluid level in the clutch reservoir to make sure it is full. It sounds like there is air in the hydraulic system for the clutch. It'll need to get bleed.

ZOOMBUGGY3
03-17-2003, 08:40 PM
What are "bands" and how do they relate to your engine and why would Midas replace them?
i belive he means the belts.

dirtybird95
03-18-2003, 05:20 AM
Yes, very sorry!! I did mean belts on the engine and yes they did fix the leak. The only thing wrong is this clutch thing and the car feels a little slower to take off since the did the belts. IDK but i think i'm going back there tomorrow to see what they can do for me. Thanks for the info i'll run it by them so it look like i have some clue what i'm talkin about!!