Throttle Body Installation...

sctbird91

I was installing my new throttle body today... their are two pieces on the old throttle body one is bottled on, the other is screwed on. Well, the screws to the smaller piece are stripped and I am having trouble taking it off. I am taking it to a shop tomorrow to get it off, but I was wondering what these two black pieces are. Are they sensors of some sort? And what would happen if they weren't on? I'm not gonna take them off, just in a question asking mood...

They are two sensors, one is IAC (idle air control), and the other is TPS (throttle position sensor). They both have gaskets between the sensor and the throttle body, so they may need a little enoucragement to get them off. They can get stuck on there pretty good.

They need to be on, obviously, and they are connected to a wiring harness, so be careful when unclipping them. Those sensors are very expensive to replace, so be sure not to damage them!

Good luck.

thanks...

Also, I just ordered a 3.5 Magnum Powers Intake Tube... I started installing it but was wondering if it will actually fit the stock MAFS. If not it's ok because I ordered a C&L 76mm one which will be here Friday, but I was just wondering, cause it doesn't seem like it would...

Hard to say. Not likely on the early 55mm MAFs. I would wait until the C&L comes in a week anyway...not much point in installing now.

What size throttle body, what brand, and let me know how u like it when its all finished. I'd greatly appreciate it.

thanks

Back