seat question...

joenintiesc

I want to remove the seat back cover/upholstery - how does it come off? There seems to be some kind of plastic clip running along the bottom, but I don't see how to disconnect it. I have a squeaky spring in the seat upright, it is driving me crazy (pun intended!), and I need to get access.

Thanks!

Joe

The fabric is sewn onto that plastic strip.
They are twisted around and inserted into the back of the seat. You have to pull the plastic strip straight out away from the seat to loosen it.

Thanks! When you say "loosen" it, do you mean if I just pull it straight back the two interlocking plastic strips will then unclip?

Oops, I see your talking about the back seats.
I was talking about the front seats. I've only removed the front covers not the back.
Hopefully someone else here can help you.

No, I am talking about the front driver's seat. The upright/seat back. On the back, where it meets the seat cushion, there is a plastic clip running across the bottom. But I can't figure out how to disconnect it... This is a 90 SC with cloth interior.

I have the leather interior and on the back upright, where it meets the seat cushion, they came with a zipper.
However, on any pieces that I had to take off with the plastic strip, such as on the side bolsters, they are shaped like a "J" and hook onto things. You have to first exert pressure on them and push them in about 1/4" to 1/2", then pull it away from what it is hooked on to release it.
Hope this helps.

joe,
under you name, is that a bottle of thunderbird alcohol????????
hahahha. I was going to post a similar picture but my brother has not sent me the image yet.

jim

I wandered into a liquor store the other day and low and behold- there was that infamous Thunderbird "wine" sitting on the shelf. Couldn't resist, plust just bought a new digital camera the day before. You should have seen the look the store clerk gave me when I brought it up to the register... :eek: :p

Back