slipping clutch..

HappyHourHero

ok, i already did a search but nothing really matched my problem although i could of missed something, i am sorry if this repeated. buy anyway, i had my tranny rebuilt and a new clutch put in oct (they replaced just about everything) thru the last month or so i have noticed that it gripping alot higher and now its starting to slip at the higher rpm's. the clutch pedal ***. was also rebuilt. the clutch pedal seems to go down alot easier than it did and i can hear a "poof" sound when i push it down (the sound is like air is leaking) and the stoopid tranny place obviously didn't put dot3 brake fluid in, the fluid is all dark and muddy. all the gears go into place without a problem. i am going to replace all the fluid within the next few days and see what happens. any other ideas? could i need a new clutch master cylander?
thanks

Bleeder screw is on the slave cylinder on the side of the trans below where the hydraulic line connects to the slave. I haven't seen a master cylinder go out on one of these but it is definitely possible. Did they replace the slave cylinder when they did your trans? It could have blown and sprayed fluid on the clutch disc and that might explain the slippage.

Back