Socket for crank sensor ring to HB?

94scnflt

Ok, I am trying to get everything in order before I put my new parts on. Looking at the back of the HB where the crank sensor ring sits there are about 4 small odd looking bolts holding them together. What special socket does this take? Also, what size is the nut holding the alternator pulley on? I mesaured and came up with 15/16th, is that right? Should the water pump pulley come off or do I need a puller, there is no in-dent like other shafts to put the puller on to. Just curious.
Thanks for the help.

Not real sure about what bolts you are talking about for the crank sensor, but when we did mine on the side of the turnpike we needed a 5.5mm wrench.

I think you are correct on the alt pulley nut.

The water pump pulley is held on by 4 bolts, dont remeber the size but it was like 10 or 12mm something like that.

on the water pump i found, (if i am thinking right) leave the belt on to break the four bolts loose it will keep it from turning, take off 2 and loosen the remaining 2 and then remove the belt.

Those little bolts on the back of the balancer that hold the "Hall-Effect" sensor ring on are a pain to remove. I think they are put on with lock-tite or something. You could try a pair of vice-grips on them if all else fails. I will check this evening to see what size socket I used. I may even have a spare set of bolts and another ring laying around (I've broken three stock balancers, so I probably do) if you can't get your's apart. Are the sensor rings the same for all years???

Back