White Face Gauge installation ?'s

layinthesmack31

Hey guys. well i just got my white gauge faces and these ones light up with a dimmer switch when the head lights are on. I was looking throught the intructions and it says i need to hook it up to the power wire for the head lights. So what i was wondering is where is that wire and how hard is it to get at? the gauge faces came with all the wiring and it has a red and a black wire. i am assuming the red is the power wire and the black is the ground cause it has a little eyelt on the end of the wire. So how do u think i should wire these up? well i am just curious. i have done a little bit of wiring so i wanted to look for some advice. please any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :) thanks alot
MAtt

i'm not sure about our cars but I want to put in some white faces later on, but I helped my friend put white faces on his 89 mustang, friggin hard, and so annoying...his still aren't right, when the car isn't moving they say he's going 20. it seemed easy enough to do, but i'm warning ya be prepared for headaches....but they dooo look sweet.

on a side note, check the sig out! I'll do better, i kinda rushed it, but it'll do

there is a wire you can tap into where you turn the lights on. Once you get the gauge cluster out you will be able to see some connectors that you can find a hot wire for. I just tapped into one of those sources that was used for the headlight switch.

I have a new set in as well, and this time I will write up a how-to and post it.

Back