Greasing the seatbelt tracks

TbirdSCFan

Anyone know the easiest way to do this? The whole thing looks like its sealed up pretty good. And just dumping grease on the track doesn't look like its the best way. I have the side covers off for now so wondering if I should pull the motor cover off.

I just used an aerosol can of silicone lubricant to lube mine. It took care of most of the annoying rattle that they had before, they're much quieter now. I don't know of any other good way to do it.

I shoot white lithium grease up in the track, WD40 like tube comes with the can. Shoot up through the holes in the track. I don't know if this is the best stuff to use. Lasts a few months, quiet for a long time, then slowly hear the grind a little more. If there's something else I should use, I'd like to know too.

Last edited:
When I used white lithium grease to unstick my sunroof seals, it would get too hard to work at as high as 50 degrees. I am now about to use 'super lube' oil, which is a synthetic with something like silcolon (not spelt silicon). That will also be used for other things on my car, which a petroleum based oil would dryrot by removing moisture.

Perhaps for the seatbelts a synthetic grease, such as the type used for lubricating steering joints in Jeeps & old cars, would last longer.

way back...

Was wondering if anyone found anything that worked better? So far I have used PJ Super Tacky Motorcycle chain lube. It seems to be working pretty good so far.

i stripped the gear in mine i like the slick 50 and the duralube in the spray can i had to pull the big round side cover off and put a new gear in out of a tempo i lube helped a lot they are quieter now i just sprayed up in the rack

I've been using a product called Tri-flo with a teflon additive. The can is black with orange lettering on it. I use it for any ares that needs lubing - hinges, tracks, bushings, locks etc. You should be able to get it at any hardware or automotive store.

Mark
'93 SC

Back