stereo problems

89_cougarxr7

Ok, well, I have 2 12in Sony Xplod subs and a Pyramid Technologys amp. The amp is a 4 channel Left/right Front and left/right Rear. I have the two subs hooked up the the left/right rear. one sub going to the left and one sub going to the right. I've been doing some research on the Subs and to get their full potential as far as SPL, I'm suppose to use a single chamber 3.3 cu. ft. box. well i did that. with two 3x6 inch ports. now beings the box is a single chamber i'm suppose to bridge both the subs together in order to play them mono. But when i do this it will play for about 10 sec then automoatically shut itself off (the amp that is). Is there some other way i could hook these up so they will be bridged to play mono? Am i doing something wrong? Please help! I'm getting irritated. Thnx.

Hello 89_cougarxr7. First, you want to ensure that your amp is capable of being wired in a bridged configuration. If so, most likely it will accept bridging channels 1 & 2 (front) for one sub, and channels 3 & 4 (rear) for your other sub.

If you are currently bridging only the rear channels (3 & 4) for both subs to be connected, you are probably presenting the amp with too low an ohm load. Try putting one sub on the bridged rears, and one on the bridged fronts.

Most amps that support bridging give exact instructions on how to connect the wires to your amp to obtain bridging. If you need further instruction for connecting them in bridged configuration, let me know & I will provide it.

In any case, make sure that amp is bridgeable. Pyramid, Pyle, Legacy, and in some cases Lanzar are all known for making notoriously overstated and unreliable sound equipment. The 4 channel Rampage amp or a Jensen at Walmart would make a much better choice if you require cheap sound.

Back