3 blinks from the ARC light

Digitalchaos

I have heard that this is the right front actuator, but I am certain the sound is coming from my left(driver) rear shock.

What shock does this refer to? & if its not the left rear, why might the sound be coming from there?

Thanks!

Just take all of them off, spray some WD-40 and move the actuators manualy. That should fix it! If not, repeat until it does.

Al

Yes, 3 blinks is right front.

You might be hearing the rear shock actuators actually working. They are, after all, moving parts.

Dale

Ive got the exact same problem. 3 blinks, and the sound is coming from the left rear. I know when they are working proper you can hear a click of them engaging, but when i turn them on, i hear a series of clicks(5 or more) from the left rear, behind the seat. and i havent really takin much time to pinpoint where the sound is coming from yet. could it be the comp, or a relay???

The problem is precisely as Devlin described. I have not heard ARC computers do this on other SCs. Perhaps multiple shocks have problems, and its only detecting one, or detecting the wrong one.

Of course, after rethinking what you said, its possible the computer produces this noise when attempting the actuator rotation multiple times.. perhaps an internal relay switching very fast.

Back