Aod ?

90xr7reborn

When I parked my car in the fall the tranny was working fine. I drove it for the first time today and OD slips like crazy, D slips a little, and low and R are fine. Am I looking at a fluid and filter change or is my tranny waisted? Just looking for some input I've never had problems with an AOD before now, Thanks...BIll

P.S. Fluid is full and red

Yes, I moved it around the driveway this winter. i put about 30 mi. on it today and still has the same conditions...BIll

I'm hoping thats all it is. I always thought that reverse went out out first. Unless thats only true in the "C" trannys where the secondary band went and took out second and reverse...Bill

Overdrive is the first to go. I have ridden in an AOD w/ no OD but it'd grab good in R and smoke them up never slip.

aod problems

have you checked the TV cable (throttle valve cable) ? if it broke somehow during storage you will not have enough line pressure and the trans will slip. if you drive it this way for long you will burn up the trans. it's not a fluid/filter problem if it's full and red, and even if the fluid is burnt/brown, that just means you are too late! Check the TV cable ASAP!

i have read other posts about a tv cable but noone ever says where it is. Where is it? Is it on the cable end that bolts to the tranny?...Bill

On a SC, the end that you can adjust is up at your TB, kinda tight, but thats where to look, if you have friend sit in the car, watch how the cable moves, if for some reason, someone allready mentioned, the cable has slipped out of adjustment, you'will need to adjust it, its a fairly easy thing to do...hear is a clue "why did the cable slip"? usually, one of the grommits wears out, or the ratchet part of the adjuster is shot, doesn't happen often on the se cars, but the cable is kinda of a pain in the %#$^@ to replace, "Ford thought it would be funny and clip the cable to the bellhousing bolts...now that I'm done with my book...hope this will help...PZ :eek:

I figured out where the tv cable is. I feel like a moron becouse I thought it was the cruise control and did not hook it back up after I had the blower off this winter DAH!!!! You learn something new everyday. I really appreciate all the help from the people who posted back a responce. I was pissed becouse I just dumped like 1k into the body and new headlights and stuff now I can breath again. Thanks again...BIll

Back