rpm's at 70 mph?

hockeydad2

i now have two good running sc's. my super clean 93 that i got in october and we finally got the 90 project on the road that we bought in december. both are 5 speeds, the previous owner of the 93 converted it from the aod. my question is, what should the rpm's be at 70 mph? the 93 is stock (engine, tire size, 3.27 aod rear end) does 2200 rpm at 70 mph. the 90 is stock (engine, tire size, 2.73 rear end), except for the previous owner removed the resonator and installed a y pipe. it runs at about 1100 rpm at 70 mph. do these rpm numbers sound correct for a flat road and running in 5 gear? thanks, bob.

I wish I could help you but my speedo stays at 67mph even when Im stopped. And my tach doesnt work worth a *****!!

The 93 5sp with 3.27 gear sounds right. Mine turns 2200 @ 70. The 90 5sp sounds a little low, should be about 1800 @ 70.

WHAT RPMS

Go to the tire diameter sizes on the 35th register i believe and it will give you what you may need.....I Remember at one site for the tire sizes it gave you all you would need, gears, etc ...........................FAST FREDDIE;) ;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Back