Alternative SC fluids

Digitalchaos

I wish to compile a list of alternative fluids which people have had good experience with using for our superchargers.

To begin with, I have heard Mobil 1 fully synthetic 0w-30 and 5w-30 have had good results with those experimenting them.

I also wonder if Redline, Royal Purple, & others produce a suitable fluid?

Anyone with positive or negative experience using other fluids? post it! :)

UPDATE:

BP2380 Turbine Fluid, approved by BP for our SC's to be superior to stock, can be found @ www.oil-store.com under the aviation section!

For a cheap offline alternative, the factory manual specifies Mobil 1 5w-30 full synthetic as an approved oil for our superchargers!

Lastly for those willing to experiment, Redline has confirmed in email correspondance w/ other members that its synthetic automotive oil will work in our superchargers.

Also, more than one member has had good luck using plain power steering fluid for several years now!

Last edited:
Nye Lubricants 605 Synthetic Oil....same as stock (Ford or GM) just direct from the manufacturer. Only down side is to get it at a decent price you have to get 2 gallons...but if you do a group buy like I did...no problem.

I've heard many people have used Redline synthetic power steering fluid with no problems. I used it for a while in my old blower that was leaking like a sieve - much cheaper than the Ford stuff when it's just going to leak out the snout anyway! I talked to an engineer at Redline, and according to him their synthetic power steering fluid fits all the specs for the Eaton blowers. A lot of people also use it in the big roots blowers.

what oil to use????

i have been using 0-30 or 5-30 MOBIL 1 for 2 years now and have had on problems yet................FAST FREDDIE;) ;) ;) :rolleyes:

I use BP2380 synthetic Turbine oil. It can be purchased at about any small airport for about $8 a quart. Shell, Exxon and other oil companies manufacture an equlivelent oil that will be called "2380". This oil is also used in jet engines and is superior to the fluid supplied by Ford and GM.

ESM has used this oil in their superchargers for several years without any problems.

David

Back