little problem

Killer SC

I haven't really done anything to the car, it hasn't been run much lately and now when i start it it has kinda of a rough idle at 700 rpm, that seems really low. my dad thinks it's the fuel injectors, so i'm gonna run some injector cleaner through em. any ideas on what this may be, it's kinda freaking me out, i don't wanna really wanna drive it for fear of making something worse.

-edit-

oh btw, this is a 90 sc I'm talking about

little problem, but in most cases hard to diagnose.

A search will be much more helpful to you. Just type "rough idle", "low idle", or "idle problem". Try tccoa.com as well.
But it's usually a vacuum leak. Good luck!

700RPM is within the normal range for idle on an SC. In park or neutral, it may bump up to around 900RPM, but in Drive (AOD) sitting at a stoplight, the RPM's should be around 700. Rough idle could be caused by many things. Running some injector cleaner through the system is probably a good idea, but it may not solve the rough idle. Also check the plugs, wires, electrical connectors on the coilpack, DIS, throttle position sensor (TPS), and take a look at the MAF sensor to see if it has debris on it. Another cause of poor idle and performance is vacuum leaks at the intercooler tube connections. It is generally pretty difficult to pinpoint the source of this kind of problem, so a good overall cleaning of all the ignition system and sensor connectors along with a coating of dielectric grease should be part of your general maintenance routine. That along with re-sealing the supercharger and intercooler connections will remedy most "bumpy idle" problems. If that doesn't solve it, invest in a code reader (about $30.00 from Walmart) and check to see if there are any fault codes.

Just my $0.02.......

Back