engine feels lazy

RGuy

when I rev the engine, it feels lazy. The RPMs are slow to rise and fall. The engine doesn't feel quick and snappy like other v6 engines I've seen. I realize this is difficult to describe and more difficult to comprehend but I'm trying to get an idea if this is normal. My car has always run like this so I've known no different. Unfortunately, there are no other SCs around that I can compare to.

Rob

Actually, I know what you mean. Specially if you've ever ridden a motorcycle which has a snappy throttle.

The SC engine runs like that. The fuel injected electronic engine control controls the engine speed. So, unlike a carburated engine, it has to think for a tiny fraction of a second. That also makes it more streetable. On the plus, under full throttle power, it pulls like heck; there are no penalties at WOT.

could also be clogged air filter, fuel filter, or cats. Look to the air filter first. After putting my full exhaust on my engine really snapped all the way up to red line.

The largest issue isn't the engine electronics, but the bypass valve on the SC. The engine electronics can sense and adjust to changes in much less than 1/2 of a second.

But the bypass valve comes more into the range of the 1/2 second to fully operate and then the SC to fully build pressure within all of that intake piping.

And compared to a motor cycle, most engines would be sluggish. Think of simply the mass involved in rotating the crankshaft. A motor cycle engine has so much less work to do.

Sounds like hes talkin about the revvs not the power band. The SC has to use power to turn the supercharger, plus it's a large push rod V6. Most V6 engines today are double overhead cams and smaller witch makes them revv quickly, but the engine shouldn't feel unwilling to revv up or down.

well when my car is cold it revs very fast and instantly after it starts running hot rev's are slow and embarrising

Back