What kind of exhuast sounds better?????

notorious sc

What would sound better flowmaster or dynomax???? Where can I get a ''X" pipe for 92 5spd???What is the diference with w/cats or w/out cats??? What does resonator do????If some can please with ideas for one asskicking exhuast sound for these soory imports. THANKS EVERYBODY!!!!!!

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS & AMERICA

Please use the search function. There are about 100 different posts about exhaust, where to buy, how it sounds, etc. Manaflow, Flows, Borla all sounds good.

I have had Flowmaster and Magnaflow...

I choose Magnaflow at all levels....

Flowmaster when you get on it sounds nice, but it drones otherwise. I never liked the fart sound it made at low RPMs.

The Magnaflow system I have now is WOW... I was sooooo impressed with it even with stock manifolds.

Inside the car it truthfully sounds like a Cobra. I crap u not.

Outside the car it sounds european V8 (if you can imagine it for a sec). When you get on the throttle it just sounds perfect.

It will never sound like a 5.0 or 5.7 and I never thought it would. I was going for the cool exotic sound of a Lotus or similar and I think I have found it.

My system is:

Stock manifolds (yuck - warranty reasons)
Custom downtubes (yuck, but flow better than stock 90 degree angle crap)
2 1/4 cats into 2 1/2 dual inlet Magnaflow stainless resonator
out 3" single to 2 - 2 1/2 pipes to each stainless magnaflow muffler.

All of which looks nice, but I kick myself every damn day for not specifying stainless piping...I dont know what I was thinking...

I cannot wait for headers, SCP downtubes and magnaflow cats!

I dont know what Dynomax sounds like, but many many people on here run the Magnaflow resonator and the Dynomax muffler setup and I have heard it on a 93 SC in the club here and I liked it.

He he he...My system rattles my windows in my house when it starts up (the car sits next to the windows by the way, the loudness is not obnoxious or anything)

Custom shop installed the whole thing for $1000 w/ cats & tubes so I was not unhappy.

I have no resonators and Magnaflows on both my 90 and 95 SC and I love the sound of them. I liken them to the sounc of an F1 race car when you get on it. "Europeanish" is the term that a few of us that have them have coined to describe their sound.

My 90 and 95 sound different because the 90 has two cats and the 95 has three.

Bob

thanks everyone, your information has been very helpfull....I will us it to the best of my knowledge.Excuse me while I go and hunt some imports!!!!!

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS & AMERICA

dude i say go with flowmasters i have them on my XR7 (3.8) and they sound bad ***. i have a 40 series 2 chamber with 2.25 piping back from the cats.

dave,:D

Hey..My two cents

Flowmasters dont flow(and only sound good on SBF and high compression v8's IMO)

Borlas are the way to go for less resonance and flow:O)

so.. magnaflow would more like cobra or honda that crack???? dynomax, Im afraid that it would sound like cheap stuff that was put together....what series of the magnaflow???? Thanks

Back