Water dripping onto passenger floorboard?

syphon

Hey all, I've noticed water dripping onto my passenger floorboard, and wanted to know what you guys think the problem is.

First off, I don't think its coolant. I smelled it and tasted it and if it was coolant... it was very very watered down.

It only dripped about 10-15 times, then stopped. But the odd thing, it only happened when I started my car and was idling. It had been raining all day, and as best i can tell, the floorboard was dry until I started the car, when it started dripping.

The dripping stopped pretty quickly... what do you guys think the problem is?

They had a Tech. Service Bulletin on this... mine did the same thing yours is doing.

http://www.alldata.com/TSB/891907_en.html
#116. TBS 91-15-01

You can get the correction piece from the FORD dealership for around 12 to 15 bucks. or simply go to a junk yard and get one from any 94 to 97 bird or cougar. That is what I did! Solve my problem then.

Anyways it is called a COWL VENT REFLECTOR - EXTENSION ASSEMBY. part #: F1SZ-63021B26-1

You need to apply a good silicone bead to fasten it to the collar which it fits around

You will have to take passenger side wiper arm off & the passenger side cowl vent top off to get to what you are working on.

I hope this starts you in the right direction?

Jeff B.

Last edited:
Back