Um, I think I have a problem

BlkSCnKS

I have a few questions that I am hoping somebody can lead me in the right direction.
First, I left work today and was doing about 45 mph when my heater fan shut off and my battery light came on. WTF? Then it did it at least two more times before I got home. At first I was really confused cause my radio stayed on but I pondered it a tick and remembered that my amp and stereo are hooked up directly to my battery. Any ideas where to start on this one?
Second, I checked for vacuum leaks and boost leaks a week ago and didn't really find anything but I replaced some of the vacuum hoses anyway because they were in bad shape. Now at idle, the boost gauge sits at about 15 or 16 in/hg. It always has been low compared to my '91 which would idle at 20 or more. Any ideas or is this right?
And for the finale, what happens to cats when headgaskets blow? I bought this car after the engine was replaced on recall but I don't know if they actually blew or not. I did an exhaust from the front cats back and saw no boost decrease or power increase so I think downtubes and cats probably should be done soon.
Thanks, Brandon

???? on first one, not to much into electrical probs. Looks like if you sprayed stuff around to search for leaks you might have elimated that problem or at least probable cause. Vacuum seems a little low but not enough to worry about. And finally, coolant will kill a cat usually, unless you didn't really blow the gasket and blow a bunch of coolant through the cats they are done.

I found the solution to number one

Tested my battery and alternator at work and both are bad. So until I get it rebuilt to 130 amps I guess I'll use my '91's. It is nice to have more then one SC around. :) Brandon

Back