best way to find vac leaks

rplaster

Need advice on finding vacum leaks. I have looked,listened, and checked every hose and connection that i can find but i am still having idle problems. I have replaced every sensor on the car.I do not have acess to propane. Car studders and hessitates when you first give it a little gas. This car is stressing me out.

You can try starter fluid as a substitute for propane. Spray it around the intercooler joints and essentially anything which pulls air.

Easiest way is to run the car and spray intake cleaner on the hoses and listen for any idle changes.If the idle surges you have found the problem.This is the easiest way to find them that i know of and it does not take much to do this!

I sealed mine up right after Vernon posted this information last summer. The car ran exactly like his post says it should. I was very happy with the results. I would recommend it.

Hesittion problem

Hi if you are still having problems with the performance of you SC try this. I had the same problem with my old 91 5 spd and my current 91 XR-7. If you are getting a check engine light after a short while after driving it and you keep getting a code for an O2 sensor, you probably need to replace your fuel pressure regulator. You will be surprised at the differnce in performace once it has been replaced. Ford has a very bad problem with those. Well I hope this helps you. Let me know. God bless.

Vacume leak found. I just purchased the MPII and inlet plenum it was leaking where they bolt together. Going to take it apart and try locktight 518 and see if that fixes the problem. I have taken it for a little test drive. Words cannot describe the difference in power.

Back