Hood insulation pad........

tbirdsc35th

Jafo, it's ironic you should bring this up tonight.

My 90 35th has the bird embossed into the pad under the hood. I checked with Ford and they are still a good number albeit a different number than it used to be. Which brings up the question of it's availability. When I asked if there was one locally, they could only find one in Indiana so I ordered it. My cost $50. Anyway, could you guys look and see what years had the bird in the mats and which ones didn't? I doubt the Ford parts book would reveal that minor detail. The future availability of that part may be in question so if we know which years had the bird in it, we would know which ones to be on the lookout for. I'll be restoring my 35th to specs at some point and a new pad will definitely be in order. Just a heads up for everyone. Fast Ed, Jerome, would you check please and let me know?

Thanks and my best to all.

Bill said his '93 doesn't have it, and David said his '91 doesn't. But Damon says his '95 does. Obviously I do in my '91. I don't think it'll come down to the year model. OR maybe their cars at one time or another needed a new one and the new one was blank. It's a nice touch, if I do end up replacing mine I want to be sure to get one that has it.

My 90 SC and 90 35th Anny have it, but my 94 LX doesn't. Oh, and one of my 90 XR7's and my 89 LS have the cougar logo, but my other 90 XR7, 93 XR7, and 94 XR7 don't. Weird.

i think it was Duffy who bought his Supercoupe brand new and the underhood pad has a big cougar stamped into it. LOL ooops. By the way my 89 had the Ford logo and Thunderbird symbol. My local svt dealer told me that they mats were only available for three years after each years produciton run. They said they can get none.

LOL. If this keeps up, I may be getting a blank pad and be taking off the older embossed one replacing it with a new blank one. This is really wild. Now I really want to see this new pad and see what it has.

Back