Just Installed a few things...

sctbird91

I just installed a new throttle body(85mm magnum powers), New Mass Air Flow Sensor(76mm C&L) and a new Inlet Tube(3.5 inch Magnum Powers).

Well my IAC and TPS sensors are both going bad(almost shot) and I can still feel quite a HP gain. It pulls much harder in every gear. It's a very noticable difference combianed with my exhaust. Anyone have an idea just how much HP I could have gained? Thanks...

20 flywheel for sure I'd say. Usually just a 73MAF sensor is worth that(I timed the 73,roughly knocked off .2 sec on a stockish SC). A 70mm? TB was about .15-.2(with port matched inlet)

Did you install the 85mm TB on a stock early style plenum ? If so I bet that took alot of porting. I didn't think it was possible to provide enough clearance for the throttle plate.

Get an MPII ported blower and MP plenum and you will really feel a kick in the pants.

You will also want to do something to keep hot engine compartment air away from your filter. The MP cool air divider may be the easiest way since you already have their 3.5 intake tube.

David

Back