Who's Exhaust is better?

joshbea6

Hey all, I know that you are all really oppinionated people, and that's what I'm looking for is opinions.

I have been looking at getting a bigger cat-back exhaust system for my 90 SC. I am changing the gas tank to be the 94-95 style so that I have more options. I am going to get the Kooks mid length headers, down tubes to high flow cats. What I want to know is who has the better exhaust, Borla, Supercoupe performance, or another dealer?

The things that I'm looking for out of an exhaust is several things.

1. Longevity, I want the exhaust to last for a long time....(stainless?)

2. Flow. I want it to flow well enough to support about 400 HP

3. Price. I don't want to spend a fortune on it. I figgure that I would like to stay around maybe $800

4. Sound. I don't want to sound like a rice burner, and I don't want to be so loud that I piss off my neighbors if I come home late.

Thanks Guys, you are the best!!!

the guys are probably thinking....

...another exhaust post. Do a search. Take a look at what I have in my sig, mellow at idle, nice, mild throaty sound at WOT, very good flow. The Dynomax catback was very cost efficient at $200 from Jeggs. The Magnaflo resonator came from SCP for $115, the downtubes with HF cats are from SCP at $325(i think).

$640 total, there you go sir.

Chris

OH....400HP

Not sure if mine will support that, the Big Dog system on SCP will. OR you can print off the pics with dimensions and find a shop that mandrel bends to make a copy.

Chris

Well, $800 is a tidy sum, but if you are including headers, cats downtubes in that $800 it will suck up most of that $800. If not you can pretty much do anything with that. I have always wanted a custom dual 2 1/4" all the way back but if you want to buy one for everything your talking about I have heard the Borla is a nice system.

Just thought of something, If you want to save yourself a little money I would look into just taking your exhaust manifolds and opening up the collectors and sending them to Jet-Hot. Will only cost $150-$200 and they will flow pretty good. Jet-Hot basically sandblasts the manifolds inside and out and then will coat them in and out. Might loose a few ponies but is 10 hp(at most) worth $400?

well as mufflers go i would sat borla is the best, but i like the sound of flowmaster. But if u were to get 2 borla mufflers i think there $100 bucks a piece plus the exhaust piping ur looking at about $300-$350

dave:D

Back