Idle problem still.

1BADSC

Just changed the fuel filter and the idle is still being goofy. Sometimes it is a little rough somtimes it stalls or wants to stall if I come to a real quick stop. It is a 95 auto, new plugs and wires are on there also. The idle will also be like
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-ba-rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-ba-ba-rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-ba-rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-ba-ba-ra-ba-rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Any ideas. Each (ba) is accompanied with a little vibration or rock that you can feel in the car. Vaccum at engine off sits just to the left of the 0 at sea level.

Could my problem be clogged cats.

ttt. Also at inspection today the Fat Porker weighed in at 4127pounds with me and about a 1/2 tank of gass. maybe 20 to 25 pounds worth of stuff in the trunk.

I know what you mean, and the only things I can think of to contribute to this problem would relate to the fuel delivery system, the ignition system, or the vaccuum hoses.

Specifically, perhaps there still exists a vac leak, maybe the injectors are dirty, or maybe your DIS is overheating.

Also, how did you adjust the gap on the spark plugs? I assume you used Motorcraft or Autolite double platinum.

get a can of carb cleaner and spray the connections of the intercooler if your motor rev's up you have the typical ic system leak

Well I didn't need to adjust the gap becuase the ones I got were actually set at the correct gap for once. LOL. Facory setting of .054. It is weird how it will idle smooth then hiccup then idle smooth and then hiccup.

When my DIS was starting to fail, it would do that. Run smooth and then a small, almost imperceptible kick. If you have a spare DIS handy, you could try just swapping out. If not, then you could just pull KOEO codes and see if there are any related codes. Coil circuit codes are usually the DIS, not the coil itself. :)

Possible Fix

I hope that I have a solution to your problem. As a former auto mech at Auto nation usa I have seen many problems. You think you may have clogged cats yes it may be possible, but are you haveing the following symptoms: Terrible performance, heating problems, and trouble keeping your car running? If so dissconnect your EGR valve and see how it runs. It should relieve enough pressure to run normal. In your case it sounds like you have either a bad/ going bad EGR valve and/or bad carbon deposit comming out of the intake to the EGR valve. All you need to clean this is standard intake or brake cleaner and a tooth brush. Well I hope this solves your problem. God Bless.

Thanks, i will try to clean it out. The performance is great on the car. It is running consistent 15.0-15.1 bone stock with the factory slush box. it is just the idle that is screwy, I will check the EGR and clean it up. Can't wait to see how much of the car has to be taken apart to get it off. lol. :)

Back