car wont start?

blown11

Well, the car has been running fine for the last 3 months, not being driven but being run once a week for about an hr. Then the other day it started to die out, then the next day it started up but really roughly then when I put it into drive it would die. It was completely out of gas is why I guess it died. but now it will not start back up. It cranks fine and sounds like its about to turn over at times, but never does. any help?

Maybe running the tank so low sucked a bunch of crap up, that has now plugged the fuel filter...

Check out your fuel pressure, or just spend the few $ if it has been a while since the filter was changed.

Have you made sure the fuel pump is actually running? Do you have pressure at the fuel filter or schrader valve on the rails?

The gasoline helps cool the pump. All that running on a really low tank may have pushed the pump over the edge!

Also, there is a sock or screen over the end of the pump in the tank. It is large and I doubt that it would get clogged.

yeah gas actually come out of the pump. I also tried spraying ethonal in the air intake to try and get it to start...

Back