FelPro headgaskets have any sort of warranty?

Scott-Atah

Just wondering....did mine a while back i suppose....and then i got the engine rebuilt too...and now...not too long later....things are not lookin too positive.

Started with some smoke from the hood. Pulled over, antifreeze kinda scattered on parts of the engine....ok fill it up with water.....

pick it up about 5 hours later, and gonna make an attempt to get it home....it's running ok, the water is still in the resevoir....get like 3/4s the way home and just click temp starts going from cold to hot...and then smoke...and i pulled over asap. Asked some people who turns out were following me...and they said i was in fact smokin from the tail pipes (which i dunno guess might be pretty visible even thought the tail pipes aren't). I thoght it was just the hood.

Anywho, i didn't check the oil....i was thinkin oil in the antifreeze means head gaskets are gone, forgot it was the other way around. Needless to say i never got to check the oil.....and guess it'll sit till sunday. Needless to say, things don't look positive, i just redid the tranny most of hte tranny (third time) ($1200cdn) and ok the tax return took care of that, but i'm outta tax return...and dunno what i'm gonna do about this if it is infact the HG's and not just a hose (which it doesn't seem like anymore :()

*$#(% god $#&@ *@(#)& *#@@ me off

anywho...back to the start...any sorta guarantee on those felpro gaskets....i know i used felpro gaskets and studs when i did it the first time at like 180,000kms or so.

I know this is a dumb question but did you get the heads milled and prep the deck surface on the block by removing all the old gasket material the last time?

yeah...i didn't do this myself...had a shop do them....and i believe they had to do a lil bit of milling....(sounds familiar)

why?

I believe a blown head gasket can produce both coolant in your engine oil and oil in your coolant. If the smoke coming from your tailpipes was in fact from the headgaskets, you should find one or both of these. The oil will look like coffee and your coolant will look like green mint chocolate chip icecream.

Hopefully it turns out to be another problem. Perhaps the engine oil cooler?

just a follow-up

turns out it was the water pump...was leaking and not spinning or whatever it does. So gotta replace that $80, and then the belt (which was getting worn to **** and slowly making it's way off the pulley) not sure what that was worth

but total with labour $300cdn ($190US).

Hmmm i never liked that $300 anyways....doh!!!

thanks for the posts though :)

Back